Thank you for your interest in commissioning me!
If you have something in mind, please go ahead and contact me via this contact form or by email at hola @ ankari.me (no spaces) so we can discuss the specifics and I can give you a quote.
- I can make instrumental music, or songs with a vocal melody
- Setting music to lyrics or a melody provided by you falls into this category
- I can work in several genres and styles, but unless you want to give me full creative freedom, you will need to provide one or more examples of what you have in mind (even if it’s only in terms of mood or energy– if you have any expectations at all, this matters a lot!)
- If applicable, I need to know who will be singing the song so I can tailor the melody to showcase that singer’s strengths
- Prices vary depending on the scope of your commission and whether it’s for commercial purposes. You can read my pricing guidelines for more information
Please note: A fully produced original song includes several other categories (arrangement, music production, mixing and mastering are the most common). I’ll let you know which ones apply once you’ve filled me in on the specifics of your project.
Examples of original music: here.
- I can write original lyrics and/or lyrics translation/adaptation
- Spanish and/or English
- I can work freely, work based on prompts of any sort, or work with you to turn your ideas into song lyrics
Examples of lyrics (in Spanish): here.
- Main and/or backing vocals for original songs and remixes
- If there’s a cover you’d like me to sing, that would fall into this category as well
- I can also sing vocal harmonies and a cappella arrangements
- Spanish, English and Japanese are OK
Arrangement and Music Production
- I can produce instrumental tracks for original music or covers
- These can be original arrangements for a pre-existing song, or a reproduction of a pre-existing song’s instrumental (think good quality karaoke tracks)
- Depending on the number of instruments and music genre, pricing will vary
- If you require a studio recording for your track, the price range will be higher due to additional expenses incurred (studio rental, recording engineer, musician’s fees)
Examples of arrangement and music production: here.
- Pricing varies depending on the number of tracks
- If you can provide reference audios, that will help me know what kind of sound you’re looking for (HIGHLY recommended)
- I only provide this service for full tracks you have commissioned me. For mixing-only commissions I can refer you to Nahual, who always does an excellent job
Vocal Tuning & Timing
- This service is for vocals only!
- I can polish and adjust vocal takes so they sound both natural and on pitch
- I will also adjust your timing based on the reference track you provide
- This is especially useful when the best take is not as good as you’d like / when you don’t have the time or resources to record again / when you want the vocal takes to be as polished as possible
- I charge per hour of work (I can stream the process for you in real time if required)
Examples of vocal tuning and timing: here.
Vocal Synth Tuning
- Singing in English, Spanish or Japanese
- Talkloid in Spanish (or very simple phrases in English)
- Vocal synth banks for Spanish & Japanese tuning: Hatsune Miku, Kagamine Rin, Kagamine Len, Megurine Luka, MEIKO, GUMI, Camui Gackpo, Bruno, Clara and MAIKA
- Vocal synth banks for English tuning: GUMI, Hatsune Miku
Examples of Vocaloid tuning: here.
Music Transcription & Engraving
- Sheet music (note-by-note or simplified with chords and rhythm patterns where applicable)
- Prices will vary depending on the song’s length and complexity
- In the case of note-by-note transcriptions, pricing will be higher depending on the number of instruments and the presence of polyphonic instruments (piano, guitar, etc)
- I can provide MIDI data and/or engraved sheet music ready to print out for musicians to play, but I need to know what you will require before I start working, otherwise this might incur an extra fee in some cases
My commission prices are on a case-by-case basis. Every project is different, and there are many variables to consider.
I will break them down for you when I give you a quote. But in general, it all comes down to hours of work, the skills required, as well as whether I will be able to offset some of the costs involved by releasing the music commercially (in the case of original tracks).
When in doubt, please contact me with details about your project and your budget— I’m always willing to find a solution that will work for both parties by adjusting the specifics of the work involved!
I currently accept payment through Payoneer, Paypal, and one-time Patreon pledges.
Examples of considerations that may affect pricing, in bullet format:
- Deadlines: Are we pressed for time?
- Complexity: Do you want a simple piano-and-voice arrangement? A rock combo? A full live orchestra with incidental sound design set to video, complete with sheet music? The more complex, the more time it will take, and the more I will have to charge for it
- Revisions: I will be checking in with you 1-3 times during the process, depending on the complexity of your commission, but your OK’s are final unless the changes you want me to make are very small. Significant revisions made to previously approved material will incur an extra fee; simple revisions might not!
- Exclusivity: Is this for a private event? Will I be able to release it on platforms such as Spotify, YouTube, Bandcamp, etc?
- Nature of your commission: Whether it’s for commercial purposes or not. For example, if you plan to earn money selling a cover recorded with an instrumental you commissioned from me, or you hire me to make music for a commercial game, your commission will be used commercially. However, if it’s for your personal use, or if you don’t plan to monetize it, it’s not for commercial purposes
- Royalties: Will royalties need to be signed away for reasons related to the nature of the project or the platform where the music will be used?
You made it to the end!
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them for you, just fill out this contact form or email me at hola @ ankari.me (no spaces) and we can figure things out.
Thank you for reading, I’m looking forward to hearing from you!